Friday, February 17, 2012

Blog post 3

This is a semester full of technology! I am enrolled in two online classes, which force understanding and extreme patience with technology (and I am personally proud of the fact that I have seriously decreased the amount of time spent yelling at my computer). I have known how to use blackboard for years now, but this semester it has become my lifeline. I check it just as much, if not more than my e-mail, which is a lot! this semester I have learned how social networking can be used for more than posting pictures of your cat and telling the world what you had to eat for lunch. I have use Facebook, Twitter, and online advertising to help me plan and increase participation in an event that I am planning (on that note if you are interested in participating in an event to help cure childhood cancer, then contact me!). I have not been introduced to anymore technology, per-say, but I have learned how to use existing technology in a whole new way.

All the new things that I am learning, about the internet namely, are transforming me from a 1.0 to a 2.0. Currently I am a 1.5. I use the technology that I have been introduced to, and I see many future applications in my carter; however, I still find myself reverting back to my old ways when I get frustrated or first introduced to the new technologies. I need to learn all the new ways, because the students that I teach will be 2.0 and I need to be able to engage them with technology, which I will not be able to do if I have no understanding of it or its uses. Plus these technologies are just plain cool! In my future classrooms I want to have my students use Facebook, video chat, Google-plus, and blogs to communicate among themselves and with me! These new advances will make the classroom more inviting, engaging, and if used properly will supply the student with skills that they can apply in their lives outside of the classroom.

No comments:

Post a Comment